Clinic Lémanic file
Aesthetic Medicine and Anti-ageing
With age, subcutaneous capillaries become inactive, which gradually reduces circulation and deprive cells of oxygen. This lack of oxygen inhibits cells' ability to regenerate. Injected directly under the skin, medical-grade sterile carbon dioxide gas (CO2) oxygenates tissues and regenerates, rejuvenates and renews skin.
- Moderate skin slackening of the face, neck, décolletage, hands, stomach, arms, inner thighs, etc.
- Treatment of dark circles
- Stretch marks
- Loose scars
The technique involves administering very small controlled quantities of carbon dioxide by microinjection just below the skin's surface, which are then removed from the body a few minutes later by the lungs. These microinjections promote the oxygenation of the treated area, with better cellular function which can gradually trigger re-pigmentation and restructuring of the collagen, which will tighten skin, reduce its wrinkled appearance and improve its healing capabilities.
The number of sessions and their frequency vary depending on the area to be treated and its clinical condition.
These microinjections stimulate the circulation, the metabolism of the local tissue and the production of collagen, which improves skin's health and general appearance. You will notice firmer and more elastic subcutaneous tissue (collagen and elastin), improved texture and thickness of the dermis, and also the destruction of fat cells.
Advantages of the technique
- The treatment is risk-free, efficient and quick.
- No risk of allergies.
- Suitable for all skin types and can be carried out at any time of year.
Did you know?
- This is a new, very safe, non-surgical technique, which can be combined with other methods.
- CO2 is naturally produced by our bodies during respiration.
- Treatment of the eye area can be a little more uncomfortable and the effects disappear after roughly 1 to 48 hours.
- The procedure has a highly beneficial effect and "uncreases" the eye contour area. That said, CO2 treatment will never completely replace eyelid surgery. This is a method of tightening and plumping skin at a lower cost than surgery.
- Treatment of areas surrounding stretch marks and scars can sometimes also be uncomfortable, with burning sensations during the injection and when the dermis is raised up.
- There have been promising results with some types of cellulite.