Clinic Lémanic file
Aesthetic Medicine and Anti-ageing
Thermage is a non-invasive technique which provides 3D recontouring of slackened cutaneous tissues. This treatment is suitable for all patients, women and men, who wish to preserve a firm facial contour or to gain more toned skin. It is performed on all types of skin, and requires neither anaesthesia nor convalescent time.
- Skin tone maintained and stimulated (prevention of age-related changes). Cutaneous relaxation with age, menopause or after weight loss: On the face: loss of oval shape, tired look, slackness in the neck; on the body: loss of stomach tone, crepiness or floppiness of the arms or thighs, ageing to the back of the hands.
By using a radiofrequency current - according to the same principle of radio waves - the subcutaneous tissues are heated down to the hypodermis without damaging the skin surface. This production of heat leads to a contraction and reorganisation of collagen in all dimensions (3D effect). As a result, the skin becomes firmer, is remodelled and the quality of the dermis is improved. The collagen matrix approaches its original structure. On the treated area, the skin is obviously tightened and appears younger.
- Only one session is required. The treatment may be repeated in the future and combined with other aesthetic medical procedures during the same session or performed separately.
- Immediately after the procedure, the skin is smoother and softer due to collagen contraction.
- Skin tone is improved by collagen remodelling.
- The rejuvenating effects on the skin progress over 2 to 8 months after the treatment (collagen tightening).
Advantages of the technique
- The face and all areas of the body where the skin tends to be slack are able to be treated without surgery or anaesthesia.
- It is suitable for all skin tones.
- It requires only one session.
- There are few, if any, side effects.
- There is no recovery time.
- Thermage is best suited to those between the ages of 36 and 60.
- The effects of Thermage are not the same as the effects of a laser resurfacing but are complementary. When rejuvenating the skin, the purpose of Thermage is to invigorate and tighten the deep layers of the skin whereas laser resurfacing smooths the wrinkles.